We are seeking resumes for a Wood Procurement Manager at our DeRidder, LA facility
Function and Scope
Manage the procurement and production responsibilities associated with supplying fiber to the DeRidder Paper Mill. In 2020 this included 2,315k tons of round wood, 491k tons of residual chips and 86k tons of wood fuel with delivered cost in excess of $86m. Responsibilities include safety, managing costs, inventories, fiber purchases and sales, wood fuel purchases and inventory, fiber and wood fuel quality, implementation and compliance of SFI, PEFC, and FSC guidelines, and providing coaching and leadership to a total staff of 11 employees which includes 5 scale house employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach and provide leadership to all 11 procurement employees at DeRidder leased to Louisiana Timber Procurement CO. LLC (LTP). Provide training, guidance, career developmental opportunities, and monitor goal achievements
- Work with all personnel to provide a safe working environment for employees and contractors
- Manage costs and supply associated with supplying wood fiber to the DeRidder Mill as detailed above in scope
- Manage costs and supply associated with supplying wood fuel to the DeRidder Mill as detailed above in scope
- Develop strategic procurement plans to supply the mill with least cost, highest quality fiber and fuel that is in alignment with both short and long term strategies
- Provide external markets for raw materials not used internally
- Review annual procurement and production budgets
- Communicate with customers on upcoming issues and re-forecast business plans as needed
- Consult with customers and suppliers on key issues and explore opportunities and challenges that impact our businesses
- Manage procurement and production activities within compliance with Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) principals
Supervision and Leadership Exercised
- Direct management of 8 employees
- Development of short and long-term strategies
- Monitor and recognize employee performance
- Conduct performance reviews and recommend salary actions
- Promote an innovative and progressive work environment
- Promote teamwork within department, mill and LTP
Reporting and Accountability Relationships
- Directly reports to the General Manager of LTP
- Directly responsible and accountable for the Administrative Assistant, Harvesting Manager, Wood Buyer and 5 scaling positions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or forest management or a related field, and a minimum of eight to 10 years field experience.
- Prefer demonstrated experience in production and procurement related activities.
- Must have excellent management, analytical, planning, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Requires innovation and the capability of assessing opportunities and risks of working in a dynamic workplace.
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Local expertise of Louisiana and Texas Best Management Practices, SFI, PEFC, and FSC principles and ability to communicate their proper implementation.
- 60% office, 40% field. In excess of 15k annual safe business driving miles around West Louisiana East Texas operating area.
- Frequent visits to operations, mill facilities, and communications with fiber suppliers
- Work hours are flexible but routinely cover the 10 hour period from 7:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
PCA provides a competitive comprehensive benefits package.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Wood Procurement Manager (DeRidder, LA, USA) ]