1717 East Lawson Street, Durham, NC, USA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information including files, progress notes (within 30 days of current date), records and reports on persons being served in program.
- Maintain data in databases, files, and through change forms that is up-to-date and provide all reports or information as requested by DECI or funding sources.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, review, and monitoring of effective and adequate vocational goals. Suggest goals to outside sources where inadequate or no goals exist when needed.
- Collect, organize and analyze information about individuals through observation, interviews and other sources to appraise interests and aptitudes for vocational training and placement purposes.
- Fully participate in all service planning meetings for individuals receiving services, recommending vocational goals and working with sponsoring agencies to advocate for most appropriate services. Coordinate with sponsoring agencies to maximize vocational potential of each individual receiving service.
- Assist individuals in the program in movement toward competitive work through training and goal setting.
- Develop and implement job-training, behavior plans, and appropriate interventions to achieve vocational goals as defined in each individual’s plan. May include demonstrating and/or performing various types of work within DECI or at a competitive worksite. Perform job analysis and task analysis to enhance training of individuals with disabilities. Task analysis will be used to develop task sequences and train individuals on new jobs.
- Assist individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards.
- Provide individual or group counseling and training/learning opportunities that promote good work ethic, work attitude and current work skills to assist individuals in achieving competitive success.
- Comply with all applicable rules, requests and regulations of DECI, CARF, DMA, CMA, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and DMH/DD/SAS. Ensure standards for record keeping, access, vocational program design, and program implementation is met.
- Provide training, support and intervention to DECI staff as needed.
- Seek out accommodations and or assistive technology …read more
APPLY NOW: Service Coordinator – Medicaid/Innovations