6550 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA
DMI is currently seeking to hire a Security Specialist to support DMI’s corporate and industrial security programs. The work location for this position is at our corporate headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland.
The DMI Security Specialist will be part of DMI’s corporate security team that ensures the company’s excellent security posture while administering all corporate and government security guidelines in accordance with the corporate policy, NISPOM, and other applicable government security directives associated with DoD Industrial Security programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead physical security tasks: corporate badging, access control, video surveillance monitoring; and alarm response
- Process and assist with personnel security clearance actions and program access
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct appropriate security briefings
- Process outgoing/incoming visit certifications
- Process electronic fingerprints
- Assist with conducting investigations of security incidents and generate appropriate reports
- Assist in conducting physical and industrial security risk assessments
- Assist in preparation and execution of self-inspections and DSS Vulnerability Assessments
- Maintain security databases and electronic files/records
- Assist with classified visitor control functions
- Assist with DMI’s Security Awareness and Insider Threat Programs
- Use JPAS/DISS, eQIP and other security tools in the performance of assigned duties
- Other security-related duties as assigned.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years DoD Industrial Security experience; or 4 years commensurate experience working in a DoD Industrial Security environment.
- Knowledge of supporting security disciplines, including physical security, document control, classified visit procedures, personnel security processing, security processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of the NISPOM, and NISPOM Supplements
- 2+ years’ experience using eQIP and JPAS
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Successful completion of the Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE) FSO Orientation for Non-Possessing Facilities Curriculum (this course must be completed within 12 months of starting in this role).
- Membership in an industrial security group (such as NCMS, ISAC, etc.) that promotes education and awareness of industrial security requirements.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Min. Citizenship Status Required:
- US Citizenship is required.
Location: 6550 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda, MD 20817
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge – Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Security Specialist (6550 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda, MD, USA) ]