777 Isle of Capri Blvd, Waterloo, IA, USA
Isle Casino Hotel
Security Officers are expected to deliver the best experience while building genuine relationships with our guests, as well as safeguarding company assets and to assure the delivery of guest service according to the Isle® Casino Hotel Waterloo standards, while maintaining the integrity of the casino.
- Adhere to department service standards of being attentive, professional and having a quick response.
- Assist in transporting and verification of money, chips, and tokens. Control access to restricted areas. React to patron and employee incidents and accidents.
- Monitor patron and employee passage in and out of casino.
- Ensure the safety and security of all guests and employees.
- Responsible for verifying ID’s for patrons who appear under the age of 35.
- Responsible for identify and reporting guests who may be showing signs of intoxication.
- Assists with incident command for emergency response situations.
- Use a company vehicle to patrol outside parking lots and other areas outside the main casino floor.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT -The physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Physical Demands: Ability to stand for long periods of time with intermittent breaks on a daily basis, walk to various areas of the casino, and lift up to 250 pounds with help. Must be able to walk up and down up to 9 flights of stairs while carrying up to 20 pounds. Ability to read and comprehend information from identification cards in order to ensure authenticity and verify information such as date of birth.
Mental Demands: Must be able to communicate effectively through two-way radio and telephone. Must possess the ability to learn and operate various computer software programs including but not limited to, Security/Surveillance Database (SSDB), Employee Access and Microsoft Word. Must be able to read and write effectively and write Security Incident Reports in a specific format. Ability to perform duties under pressure and in an interruptive environment. Must be able to positively interact with a diverse group of people. Must be able to work varied hours which include nights, weekends and holidays.
Work Environment: Ability to work in a brightly lit, smoke filled casino environment with above average noise levels.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. One year security or law enforcement experience or equivalent education preferred.
Job Knowledge: No minimum requirement.
Other: Must possess above average written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license. Must have valid driver’s license and meet insurance requirements.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Security Officer (777 Isle of Capri Blvd, Waterloo, IA, USA) ]