SEARCHING FOR STABILITY? CRAVING CONSISTENCY? NEED SOMETHING NEW?!
THEN, WE HAVE THE POSITION FOR YOU! GLASS MANUFACTURING IS A NEW-TO-YOU, DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT WITH ENDLESS OPPORTUNTIES TO LEARN NEW THINGS AND ADVANCE WITH THE COMPANY. THIS IS NOT JUST A JOB, IT’S A CAREER.
FIND YOUR HOME WITH US. TOGETHER, WE SEE FURTHER! OTHER PERKS:
- FULL-TIME SCHEDULE GIVEN FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR UPON HIRE!
- ENDLESS OPPORTUNTIES FOR ADVANCEMENT; START AS A PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE AND WORK YOUR WAY UP TO A SUPERVISOR, MAINTENANCE, FINANCE, AND MORE!
- 90% TUITION REIMBURSMENT! WE HELP PAY FOR MASTER’S DEGREES, TOO!
- IMMEDIATELY HIRING!
- GREAT BENEFITS!
- WEEKLY PAY!
- FULL TIME POSITION AFTER COVID!
- VETERANS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
- LEARN MORE ABOUT THE GLASS MANUFACTURING PROCESS: https://youtu.be/pLvA-xLNWHo?fbclid=IwAR0D3ethG9GFFNKw_Mc6uqjvJCVjdCuevZ8VQq3u36Ip1fh7AcFmous0ff8
- DEPARTMENT INFORMATION:
- Tank– The tank department is the first step in our process. The tank is where we take raw materials, such as sand, gypsum, limestone, soda ash, and dolomite, and melt them into glass. Raw materials are brought into the batch house. These materials are batched into their respective storage units. We melt the raw materials with cullet to create glass in our furnaces. The glass is melted in a furnace which is visually similar to an old brick baking oven. Please note if you are afraid of fire or unwilling to shave/be clean shaven.
- Wareroom– The wareroom department is where raw glass is cut to size and then put on containers to ship to customers. This is the second step in the glass making process. There are 17 different glass packing machines located in the wareroom. The smallest sized glass we produce is 20″ by 12″. Our largest glass is 2014″ x 130″. On average, the thickness of our glass is 1.6mm to 12mm. However, we occasionally make glass in the 16mm-19mm range. Please note if you are afraid of heights.
- Coater– The coater department houses machines which coat the glass. Glass is tinted with a coating of argon, silver, and oxygen. In order to coat the glass, a coating thickness must be specified. This is to prevent full UV ray exposure which in turn lowers heating and cooling costs. As a processor, your job is to load the glass, pack the glass, inspect the glass, and take it to a zoning location, which is the last step before the glass is shipped out.
- Shipping– The shipping department is the final step in our process. This is where the glass is loaded and shipped off to it’s final destination, destined to become a beautiful part of any building. Please note if you are afraid of heights.
STARTING PAY IS $20.00/hour + $1.00 EXTRA PANDEMIC PAY MEANING $21/HOUR & we promote internally after 6 months!
Vitro Architectural Glass was formed from two globally proven legacies in commercial glass manufacturing: PPG and Vitro. It all started in 1883, when Captain John Baptiste Ford and John Pitcairn, Jr. founded Pittsburgh Plate Glass Company. Soon after, Roberto Sada Muguerza founded Vitro Glass in 1909. In 2016, the industry mantel that PPG carried in the US was passed to Vitro, establishing it as the largest glass manufacturer in North America.
We are looking for Production Workers to join our growing team at Vitro Architectural Glass in Carlisle, PA. At our manufacturing facilities, we value continuous learning, innovation and safety. We want this career to benefit you and we will do as much as we can to develop you professionally.
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to work fast and efficient and willing to work overtime
- Understanding of basic math, reading, and writing skills
- Ability to effectively communicate
- For this position, it is required to be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- There can be repetitive use of hands required with simple grasping and pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds
- In addition, this position requires the following abilities: standing, walking, lifting, reaching above shoulders, bending, and twisting.
- Ability to work the following shifts: 12 Hour Rotating Shifts, Holidays, Weekends and Overtime
- Good attendance is important to our team Vitro. We are looking for candidates who demonstrate a history of good attendance and who welcome overtime.
- Pre-employment background checks, drug screens and Physical Abilities Testing
- Competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision and participation in company’s 401(k) and defined contribution plans.
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- Required PPE including shoes will be provided.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Safety Recognition Program
Applications and phone calls will NOT be accepted at the plant.
Vitro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Production Associate (400 Park Drive, Carlisle, PA, USA) ]