Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is an entrepreneurial, driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals into our teams. We seek like-minded thought leaders who enjoy owning, running and scaling their projects.
The Packaging Technical Manager will be a key member of The Wonderful Company’s centralized Package Innovation and Development team within the corporate Global Sourcing Group. The group’s mission is to drive profitable sales growth using a disciplined, consumer-focused approach to define new packaging technologies and develop packaging for existing products and new product initiatives. The position will be working to support all business units with primary focus on the Wonderful Citrus, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, and POM brands.
The Packaging Technical Manager’s responsibilities are critically important and extremely visible to senior leadership. In this role, you will be responsible for flawless execution of packaging initiatives for cost savings and process improvements.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Primary responsibility for fiber based packaging initiatives — corrugated, paperboard, etc. for our pistachios & almonds, citrus and pomegranates businesses.
- Work with key packaging vendors to support assigned business units.
- Work with Sourcing teams to provide “fast response” packaging information for costing of new developments
- Provide corporate Design group with technical information (mockups, die lines, pallet patterns, print specs, etc.) to assist with new designs.
- Assure new package development/testing plans include all necessary steps and are communicated to and agreed upon by key stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationships throughout the company, both at the headquarters and operations facilities
- Contribute expertise and drive corporate initiatives related to cost reductions, LEAN manufacturing, and continuous improvement.
- Assure all new packaging is fully tested and manufacturing processes are validated.
- Ensure all pallet pattern information/Master Data is supplied for all SKUs.
- Recommend cost savings opportunities to the Business Units.
- Work with Sourcing to assess suppliers’ capabilities and provide feedback to all stakeholders.
Here’s …read more
APPLY NOW: Packaging Technical Manager