Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is an entrepreneurial, driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals into our teams. We seek like-minded thought leaders who enjoy owning, running and scaling their projects.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Packaging Specifications Manager who can easily navigate and collaborate with multiple business units, departments and packaging materials vendors.
This position is headquartered in our West Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Packaging Development. The role may require some domestic travel (approximately up to 10%), primarily among our suppliers and operations in the Central Valley.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Administers and maintains specifications for all The Wonderful Company brands’ packaging items.
- Creates new and revises existing specifications in the Oracle Product Data Hub system.
- Work with IT team to continuously develop and improve the specifications system and process.
- Execute change orders with appropriate approvals for all specifications revisions.
- Collaborate with business unit sourcing teams for all new items and changes to existing formats.
- Communicate with packaging materials’ vendors to solicit specifications details and ensure completion of all required parameters.
- Analyze drawings and other technical data to determine the appropriate attributes of the item.
- Understand and document special handling, environmental and of incoming packaging raw materials and outgoing finished goods.
- Provide reports and specification data as requested.
- Familiarity with packaging testing standards (ISTA, ASTM, etc.).
- Manage projects as assigned and participate in cross-functional teams’ product development when requested.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 of years’ experience in food, beverage (CPG) and/or regulatory environment with demonstrable understanding of packaging specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging materials including Corrugated, Paperboard, Film, Glass and Rigid Bottles, Closures, etc.
- Familiarity with general FDA regulations and industry food and beverage guidelines for packaging.
- Attention to detail and ability to drive external suppliers and internal stakeholders to complete …read more
APPLY NOW: Packaging Specifications Manager