What we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced retail designer motivated to assist and lead customer accounts aiding in the growth of our business. A designer that is full of curiosity, passion, and creative drive that is ready to be part of a collaborative design team.
The Designer’s main responsibility is to provide creative and technical support to customers for merchandise and display needs. As a problem solver, their contribution to the design and sales process will provide potential and existing customers with the right product solution for their projects. This process will require the execution of several tasks and services listed below. Depending on level of opportunity, client type, and custom requirements other team members and or related departments may support the process. Scope of opportunities will vary. Designer must be able to manage multiple opportunities within defined timelines.
To excel in this role, you must enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have excellent people skills. This position will focus on reactive and proactive duties. Possibly the first contact that new prospects will have with our company, you must exude enthusiasm and professionalism. The ideal candidate will be career-minded, seeking an opportunity to grow professionally and assist in the overall growth of our company. Our mission is to hire individuals with a strong skillset, provide additional training, and potentially develop employees into leaders for future growth opportunities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Design Consultation
• Utilize professional design skills to promote and secure sales of OPTO products and services;
• Qualifying, establishing, and maintaining effective relationships with customers via phone and e- mail; including follow up with client specific materials
• Pro-active and reactive support to incoming inquiries
• Maintain strong product line knowledge to match customer need with right solution
• Fixture & Layout Recommendation
• Detailed Project Proposals that include Presentation Drawings and detailed quoting
• Understanding of Documentation, BOMs, & Assembly Detailing
• Customer Service
• Other duties as assigned
• Interest and desire to work in the behind the scenes world of the retail industry
• Demonstrate willingness to continually learn about the retail industry to help OPTO grow
• Self-motivated, seeks to participate in the growth of our company
• Exude positive attitude and enthusiasm for success and influence other with this attitude
• Technically savvy (ability to use online resources for research, proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Power Point)
• Detail Orientated; ability to multi task and still maintain a sharp eye for detail
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate quickly and effectively
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload
• Ability to work independently and part of a team
• Associates degree or higher in interior design
What we offer:
• A passionate, creative, and fun team who is dedicated to the growth of our company
• Casual office environment
• A diverse work experience (from concept to completion) where you can see projects come to life. Starting with the inception of projects in marketing and business development, to the concept and development in the design and engineering teams, all the way to fabrication in our factory and final delivery to our customers.
• Competitive salary and benefits package (401K-safe harbor, health care plan for employee, paid time off)
• Bonus Incentive program
OPTO International is an equal opportunity employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Interior Designer (1325 North Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL, USA) ]