Industrial Equipment Mechanic
Status: Part & Full-time / Hourly / Non-Exempt / Non-Management
Typical Shift: M-F; Days; w/ available overtime
Pay: Commensurate with qualifications & experience
Supervisor: Pump Repair Supervisor Branch: Pontiac, MI
Pro-Seal Service Group provides the highest quality products and services for rotating equipment. Founded as a classic fluid sealing distributorship, we provide our customers with excellence in mechanical seals, packing, gaskets and flexible piping connectors. We added synthetic lubricants to our product offering and became a distributor for industrial pumping equipment also adding a full service, custom pump and rotating equipment repair center to both of our locations.
Pro-Seal’s “Total Strength Package” of world class manufacturers includes three major product disciplines; pumps, seals and lubricants, along with many other reliability enhancement products designed and applied to increase machinery uptime, improve our customer’s plant operations and increase their bottom-line profits.
Responsible for performing mechanical repairs of all types of pumps and related rotating equipment. Accurate tracking of hours and materials required to accomplish repairs. Provide high value customer service through efficient communication, and accurate failure analysis. Complete shop work in an efficient and timely manner, while maintaining productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Responsible for disassembly, clean-up, inspection, evaluation, write-up, reassembly and testing of all types of pumps, blowers, vacuum pumps, electric motors, mechanical seals, gearboxes and related equipment.
- Operate and regularly maintain, clean, inspect and organize, work area, building, and the tools and equipment of the trade.
- Cross train with or assist machinists, field technicians or other mechanics, as necessary.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a timely manner and work in a manner consistent with safety of self and others at all times.
- Identify current and future pump repair tooling and equipment requirements.
- Attend training sessions, in-service, and workshops conducted by Pro-Seal, and/or other approved agencies, for growth and self-improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must possess the following background/skills:
- Basic understanding of the theory, construction, troubleshooting and repair of standard electric motors or be willing to gain such knowledge through training.
- Skills necessary to use the various products, tools, and machinery required for high quality machinery repair, and for rigging of heavy equipment.
- Skills and experience necessary to perform in-house and field repair on pumps, and related machinery. Majority of field work performed is in all types of weather.
- Work in accordance with the principals and procedures outlined in the QPI manual.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Provide his/her own basic mechanic’s tools in a suitable toolbox and be familiar with their use and care. Tool purchase program available.
Qualified candidates must possess the following characteristics:
- Ability to work in confined spaces is required.
- Learn quickly, work well with others, and follow written/verbal direction.
- Proactive, confident, self-directed, focused on customer service and project completion.
- Stay organized, work efficiently, and maintain productivity standards.
- Pleasant and courteous manner and relate well to customers, vendors, and other employees using the building.
- Maintain composure in emergency situations.
- Willing to obtain a chauffeur’s driver’s license, DOT safety card.
BENEFITS: (include, but not limited to):
- Retirement 401k Plan with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Company paid life, dependent life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid time off and paid company holidays
- Tools –
- Employer provides specialty tools
- Purchase program available for basic tools
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Industrial Equipment/Pump Mechanic (35 West Silverdome Industrial Park, Pontiac, MI, USA) ]