Bakersfield, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company’s Global Sourcing Group’s (GSG) mission is to research, identify, negotiate, and bring the most cost efficient and capable suppliers into our supply chain. We are an entrepreneurial driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals onto our teams. We’re looking for those who can easily navigate ambiguity, collaborate with multiple departments, and establish strong relationships with stakeholders to drive results. The role of Indirect Materials and Services Manager will work with multiple companies in the Wonderful portfolio to support sourcing products and services. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for broad exposure in sourcing and purchasing within a growing multi-billion-dollar business. This position will report to Vice President of Sourcing and Logistics and is based in Bakersfield, CA.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Support the strategic sourcing function across indirect spend categories (e.g. MRO, janitorial services, security, chemical) within the enterprise-wide procurement teams.
- Provide strategic sourcing support to deliver against company initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and standardizing purchasing practices.
- Perform complex value analysis and financial evaluations of bid proposals, including evaluating potential supplier’s relative financial strength and capabilities to deliver results over term of contract.
- Build relationships with key company stakeholders and internal functional managers to achieve consensus on goals and objectives.
- 10% travel required
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, or related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager(CPM) or CPSM certification preferred.
- 7 — 10 years of experience in the sourcing and product development of a broad range of commodities and services on a global basis.
- Detailed background in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) is a plus
- Deep Indirect spend experience required.
- Proven influencing skills. Must be proactive, exhibit continuous improvement mindset, and an ability to affect change and build consensus.
- Extensive knowledge of global sourcing trends …read more
APPLY NOW: Indirect Materials and Services Manager