Come be a protector of tomorrow!
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment such as front-end loaders, forklifts, tractors, trailers, and other light- and heavy-operating equipment in support of the Facility’s overall operations.
- Schedule maintenance for industrial equipment and machines and keep equipment service records.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts to braking system, engines, fuel system, power train, electrical system and hydraulic system.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose defects.
- Read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy-operating equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Overhaul and test equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies such as transmissions, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Repair, rewire, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Research, order, and maintain parts inventory for services and repairs.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on all facility vehicles to ensure that equipment and vehicles operate efficiently and safely.
- Assemble gear systems, and align frames and gears.
- Clean parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent.
- Adjust and maintain industrial machinery, using control and regulating devices.
- Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
- Minimum of four years heavy equipment maintenance experience such as dozers, crane, front end loaders, excavators, etc, or two years of mechanical trade school training and two years’ experience as a heavy equipment mechanic.
- Must be able to operate mobile equipment such as front-end loader and tractor/trailer for diagnostic purposes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid CDL Class A license is a plus.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Fairfax, VA, USA) ]