Tualatin Valley Glass, 9400 SW Tigard St, Tigard, OR, USA
Tualatin Valley Glass
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $21.00 /hour BOE
- Glazier or construction :1 – 2 years experience
- High school or equivalent
Hiring a beginner to apprentice Glazier with glass replacement/handling/cutting experience. We will consider a similar experience in the construction industry. Pay based on useful experience.
**Local candidates only to be considered. Year round outdoor work. Must be comfortable working at heights over 25’**
We pride ourselves on the quality of our work and the professionalism of our finished product. Most of our business comes from the referrals of satisfied customers who love the work we have done and the service we provide. We hope we can serve you as well.
Person needs to be able to safely lift 80 lbs and have no problem with quickly climbing a 2 story ladder.
A valid drivers license and a good driving record is required.
Helpful skills: Be able to read a tape measure, add and subtract fractions, Fill out forms and use Google apps like Maps, Gmail, drive,…
You will learn how to:
- Become a professional glazier safely installing replacement insulated glass panes on hundreds of different wood, vinyl and aluminum framed windows
- Skills to score and cut glass
- Manufacture aluminum screen frame and assemble screens
- Measure window and door glass and screens for replacement
- Work with customers to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Work as part of a 2 man team
- Drive and maintain a company work van
- Work without supervision to fill orders in the shop
- Drive to customers locations to complete work
- Perform shop maintenance and organizational duties.
You’ll receive raises based on knowledge learned and the ability to complete certain job functions without supervision. Room for advancement and raises. After 1 year of employment you’ll be awarded a 1 week vacation (5 paid days off), be eligible for 2 weeks vacation after 3 years of employment. Flexible scheduling. You’ll be eligible for medical after 2 full months.
Everyone receives 6 paid sick days, and 5 paid holidays per year.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Glazier, window and door glass replacement technician in a non-union shop ]