Performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but no proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and electrical work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Services and repairs HVAC units.
- Replaces electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Uses plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairs or replaces sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Paints structures and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Replaces damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hangs doors and installs door locks and replaces broken window panes.
- Performs general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- HVAC experience preferred
- GED or High School Graduate
- Experience working in an outdoor or indoor building environment
- Experience hanging doors, installing door locks, and replacing broken window panes preferred
- Able to understand verbal or written direction from lead, supervisor or other craftsmen
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs., squat, bend, stoop and kneel for short periods, climb a ladder, stand for long periods of time, constant arm extensions.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely result would be cuts, bruises, etc.
- Must be able to pass a local background check and have the ability to obtain and maintain NAC/LAC clearance after hire.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [General Maintenance Worker (Eglin AFB Hospital, Boatner Road, Eglin Air Force Base, FL, USA) ]