Enviremedial Services, Inc. is looking for a well-rounded and motivated individual to oversee the facilities maintenance of Marine Forces Reserve (MFR) sites throughout the Northeast Region of the United States. This position will require organization, hands-on skills, and strong leadership qualities. Travel is required for this position. This position will be based out of the Newburgh, NY area.
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this position.
$70,000 + – Based upon experience
Oversee and manage maintenance technicians, custodial team, and oversight of subcontractors. Perform maintenance, administrative duties, and provide strong customer service to our MFR customers across the Northeast region. You will be required to perform a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, minor electrical, cement masonry, drywall or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling government-owned and operated buildings and facilities, to include H.V.A.C. and other mechanical systems. Travel is required for this position.
Example of Duties:
Performs Preventative Maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, structural, and plumbing both inside and outside of buildings. Troubleshoots and diagnoses deficiencies in equipment to provide intelligent recommendations for repair. Prepares reports in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Hire, train, and supervise temporary employees and subcontractors; may schedule the workloads of custodial staff and perform custodial duties when required; may oversee contracted janitorial services.
- Assists as directed in the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems, such as plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, automatic temperature control, electrical, operate riding mower or other similar equipment as needed.
- May recommend purchases, cost savings measures, and assists with the development of the budget; may be responsible for inventory control.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions.
- May be responsible for maintaining equipment warranties and maintenance agreements for machinery and equipment within the center.
- May perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience:
- Graduation from High School
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the maintenance field. Experience in large complexes and HVAC knowledge is desired.
- Proficient computer skills in order to complete reports and other required documentation
- Must have a valid State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a considerable background check and drug test.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment common to the building trades and/or H.V.A.C., filtration systems, etc.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing; ability to work with co-workers and the public.– Must be computer literate and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Company Sponsored Benefits:
- Enviremedial Services, Inc. is an Employee Owned Company. Often referred to as an ESOP, an ESOP is similar to a Profit Sharing Plan which allows the Sponsor to contribute not only cash but also its own stock for the benefit of participating employees. ESI established the ESOP to enable employees to accumulate a beneficial ownership interest in the stock of ESI, which is not publically traded, and to share in the potential growth and profits of ESI. Please note that the ESOP does not provide voting rights to any shares allocated to the employee.
- Eligibility To become eligible to participate in the ESOP the employee must have attained the age of 21. An eligible employee who has worked at least 1,000 hours in a 12-month period beginning on their date of hire will become a “Participant” in the plan on the first January 1 or July 1 after the end of the 12-month period.
- Vacation – Effective immediately
- 0-3 years of service: 80 Hours – 10 days each year
- 4-5 years of service: 96 Hours – 12 days each year
- 6+ years of service: 120 Hours – 15 days each year
- Sick Pay Max Accrual of 56 hours per year Accrual begins immediately upon hire.
- Per Executive Order (EO) 13706 Employees will accrue (earn) not less than one (1) hour of paid sick leave for every thirty (30) hours worked on or in connection with a covered contract, up to a maximum of fifty-six (56) hours.
- Eleven (11) Predetermined Holidays – Effective immediately
- Paid Christmas Break – Between Christmas Day and New Years Day
- ESI 401(k) Plan- 25% Discretionary Employer Match Effective after 90 days
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability Insurance -Effective on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Enviremedial Services Inc. Pays approximately 90% of Employee only coverage and competitive percentages of dependent coverage.
Affirmative Action Statement:
It is the policy of Enviremedial Services, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Facilites Maintenance Regional Manager – Northeast Region (Newburgh, NY, USA) ]