Bakersfield, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company’s Global Sourcing team’s mission is to research, identify, negotiate, and bring the most cost efficient and capable suppliers into our supply chain. We are an entrepreneurial driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals onto our teams. We’re looking for those who can easily navigate ambiguity, collaborate with multiple departments, and establish strong relationships with stakeholders to drive results. The role of Director of Global Sourcing will work with multiple companies in the Wonderful portfolio to support sourcing products and services. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for broad exposure in sourcing and purchasing within a growing multi-billion-dollar business. This position will report to Vice President of Global Sourcing and Logistics and is based in Bakersfield, CA.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Support the business units as the strategic sourcing function across spend categories.
- Provide strategic sourcing leadership to deliver on company initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and standardizing purchasing practices.
- Train and develop purchasing teams across business units
- Perform complex value analysis and financial evaluations of bid proposals, including evaluating potential supplier’s relative financial strength and capabilities to deliver results over term of contract.
- Lead negotiations on commodity/service purchase agreements on a national and international platform.
- Build relationships with key company stakeholders and internal functional managers to achieve consensus on goals and objectives.
- 10% travel required
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, or related field.
- Manufacturing leadership experience
- 7 — 10 years of experience in the sourcing and product development of a broad range of commodities and services on a global basis.
- Detailed background in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations purchasing is a plus
- Experience and competence in using integrated ERP software.
- Proven influencing skills. Must be proactive, exhibit continuous improvement mindset, and an ability to affect …read more
APPLY NOW: Director of Strategic Sourcing & Procurement