Baton Rouge, LA
Workforce Opportunity Services
Program Start Date: December 30th, 2019
- This program provides NO COST, job readiness training to selected individuals. We are looking for Military Veterans and Spouses for this program. Individuals who get a sense of accomplishment from assisting others. Those who excel will be offered Full-Time employment with our partner.
- Once hired, additional job specific training will be provided.
- This unique work-study opportunity differs from the typical job. Our solution, for those who are ready, will put you on the right personal, academic, and professional path while providing the necessary support and mentorship to help keep you there.
- Military Veterans, National Guard, Reservists and Military Spouses looking for a long term career
- Passionate about helping others
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Comfortable navigating multiple tabs and using dual screens
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Available to commit to full-time schedule beginning December 30th, 2019
- Computer proficient and comfortable with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to successfully pass background check
Phase 1 – Job Readiness Training (3 weeks):
- If chosen for the program, training will begin December 30th, 2019 through January 17th, 2020
- Training will be held during normal business hours (Monday-Friday/9am-5pm)
- Training will include the following:
- Claims Processing
- Interpersonal Skills
- Job Readiness Training Compensation: $400 weekly stipend.
- This stipend is a miscellaneous payment (Form 1099) and is required to be reported to IRS when filing taxes.
- Phase 2 – Full-Time Employment (18+ Weeks):
- Upon completion of the Job Readiness Training you will then move into Full-Time employment
- Full-time employment runs from January 20th, 2020 through May 22nd, 2020
- Eligible for hire at our partner after May 22nd, 2020
- Full-Time Employment Compensation: $15.00/Hour (Plus Benefits)
This entry level position is responsible for claims data entry, reviewing benefit eligibility, and processing claims approvals/denials for our Dental and Vision customers. Processors in this role must exercise independent judgment when making accurate and timely claim and benefit decisions. In addition, the processor will need to demonstrate the ability to operate across multiple systems simultaneously, use dual monitors, and perform in a paperless work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Data Entry experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, must be able to work in a paperless environment, using multiple systems, with dual monitors
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Seeks out job challenges and opportunities to constantly improve skills
- Baton Rouge, LA
Founded in 2005, Workforce Opportunity Services (WOS) is a nonprofit dedicated to recruiting, training and placing underserved and veteran job seekers into long-lasting careers at prominent organizations. To date, WOS has served 5,300+ individuals through partnerships with more than 65 corporations in 60+ locations worldwide. For more information, visit wforce.org
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Claims Processor (Veteran or Spouse) (Baton Rouge, LA) ]