San Diego, CA, USA
M S International
Join MSI the recipient of the 2018 Top Work Places award!
Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of premium surfaces in the U.S. – including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics and wall tile, and hardscaping products. The company offers an extensive selection of quartz, natural stone, porcelain, ceramic, luxury vinyl tile and glass among other materials. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI has distribution centers across the United States and Canada and maintains over 150 million square feet of inventory, imported from over 36 different countries on six continents. For more information on MSI, visit msisurfaces.com.
We provide our employees with great benefits that feature programs like employee medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k contribution (up to 4% of your base salary), as well as vacation time. MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Shipping and Receiving positions in our San Diego , CA location.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
- Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed.
- Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
- Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the proper record keeping unit.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products.
- Operate equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet jacks and more safely and efficiently.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
- Keep an equipment checklist and perform preventative maintenance of equipment.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements
- Ability to use a