Overview and Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day maintenance and support of the station’s core infrastructure, not limited to news editing systems, control room automation and components, local news channel, and streaming systems, transmitter operations, studio equipment as well as field operations equipment and vehicles.
- Install, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair electronic equipment to a component level (hardware/software).
- Work collectively in the design, construction, and execution of station engineering projects and initiatives.
- Work with equipment manufacturers and vendors to resolve issues, including ordering parts/services.
- Review discrepancy reports and address issues with minimal supervision.
- Other duties, as assigned by Broadcast Operations & Engineering management.
- College degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in broadcast engineering or technical operations.
- Knowledge and experience working with control room automation, cameras and recording devices, non-linear editing systems, transcoding products, routers, encoders, and video servers.
- Knowledge of and understanding of FCC rules and regulations.
- Experience in IT, including an understanding of networking, software, and operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Video Conferencing Software, and Computer Aided Drafting Software.
- Experience with GatesAir ULXTE transmitters a plus.
- A sound engineering foundation and the ability to fix and repair complex television broadcast systems.
- Strong technical background in video transmission and encoding, newsroom systems, ingest, wireless and cellular bonded technologies, automation systems, microwave, master control, satellite, streaming, control room, IT, studio and field operations and IP technology.
- Expertise and background in RF transmission and technology.
- Cable fabrication and termination experience.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and highly organized.
- Strong project execution and coordination skills.
- Interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively communicate and work with other members of the engineering staff, station employees and management, and outside vendors in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to train fellow engineers in new systems, technologies, procedures and techniques.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime or varying shifts when necessary to meet station needs, sometimes with little notice
Join the team!
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Broadcast Maintenance Engineer (West Sacramento, CA, USA) ]