Tom & Ed’s Autobody is searching for a Mechanic to join our team at our Beecher. location. This position will perform mechanical repairs safely and thoroughly following procedures, industry standards and insurance partners guidelines. Services include alignments, mounts, tires, brakes, belts & hoses, engine repair, heating and cooling, A/C Repair, Steering/Suspension, Engine Diagnostics, Tires & Muffler/Exhaust Repair.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Examine vehicles to determine work that needs to be completed.
- Test drive vehicles, test components and systems.
- Reline, replace and adjust brake systems and perform alignments.
- Adjust and test repaired systems to manufactures’ specifications.
- Repair and/or replace brake systems, steering and air bag systems.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must poses a valid drivers license and clean driving record. Must be eligible to be added to companies insurance policy.
- Effective communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced setting.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions, estimates and repair orders.
Physical activity such as, kneeling, bending, squatting, stooping, lifting and standing for long periods of time are required during the repair of the vehicle/truck. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Position is in a normal shop environment where you may be exposed to fumes, chemicals, dust, and high levels of noise.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Auto Mechanic (1369 Dutch American Way, Beecher, IL, USA) ]