Making a Difference
SWIB is a trusted and skilled global investment organization managing the assets of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) and other separately managed funds. With about $145 billion in total assets under management, SWIB has been recognized by the investment industry for its teamwork and innovation that helps make it a premier asset manager. Sophisticated investment management strategies, forward-looking technologies, and strong internal asset management make SWIB a leading investment organization.
For public employees in Wisconsin, SWIB is a unique and valuable partner. Investing for the financial security of more than 663,000 individuals – and for the 1,500 Wisconsin employers who contribute on behalf of their employees – SWIB’s strong management of the WRS has helped fuel one of only a few fully funded public pension funds in the country. SWIB’s long-term investment returns meet the challenges of a constantly evolving investment landscape while helping grow and protect the assets of the WRS, which is consistently among the top 10 largest public pension funds in the U.S.
We are a mission driven organization and the participants we serve are our mission. By bringing a disciplined, prudent, and innovative approach to market opportunities, SWIB has been successful in generating reasonable returns and maintaining the trust of the beneficiaries and stakeholders of the funds we oversee.
Join HIGHER PERFORMERS
Home to Top Talent
Our high-performing staff is key to what makes us a premier investment manager. SWIB is committed to investing in talented professionals to implement our robust, sophisticated investment strategies and to keep the organization at the forefront of the investment industry. We encourage innovation and offer professional development opportunities to help staff sharpen and expand their skills. Approximately 61 percent of SWIB’s investment professionals are Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholders.
The Administrative Services Team (AST), is at the center of the organization, working closely with all divisions as we look to provide effective, efficient, and consistent support to SWIB staff, the public, and the board of trustees. We are the first point of contact with external guests while coordinating logistics around guest management and a positive experience with SWIB. The primary administrative tasks are managed within the team from calendaring for senior leaders, coordination of events, and supporting both paper and digital files, including triage of all incoming and outbound mail/packages. The team is involved in coordinating travel and meeting and material preparation for both board and agency meetings. Items related to facilities and health and safety are included in our responsibilities. Through these responsibilities and more, we are involved in many aspects of supporting the business and able to continue to expand our knowledge in various areas. Individuals play a critical role in understanding how to navigate the agency, looking for ways to find more efficient ways of working with the work they own, and establish protocols that are referenced by the entire team. Thoughts and ideas are encouraged as we continue to expand the services we can provide, by creating efficiency in our work.
- Manage members of our executive leadership team regarding complex calendars, schedule meetings, and appointments, and assist with daily schedule and logistics.
- Back-up support for other senior leaders.
- Travel and expense management coordination using Concur travel platform.
- Sensitive handling of confidential information.
- Purchase card order and statement reconciliation.
- Communication and coordination with internal and external audiences.
- Process documents for signature using DocuSign and Adobe.
- Credit and invoice reconciliation.
- Document creation using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Assist staff with questions and direct them to the correct resources as appropriate.
- Prepare presentations and ad hoc meeting material utilizing a combination of MS Office products.
- May be required to assist other SWIB personnel as needed in an administrative fashion.
- Due to the level of individuals this role would be supporting, the expectation would be 5 days a week in the office.
Backup Duties to Support Front Desk Coverage
- Act as support for front desk duties such as welcome guests by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or appropriately directing inquiries with courtesy, respect, and professionalism.
- Provide phone coverage backup for the front desk.
- Assembling board meeting materials and posting public meeting notices.
- Ensuring copy centers have appropriate supplies.
- Manage supply inventory, orders, periodicals, and vendor relationships.
- Manage facility work orders.
- Manage visitor parking stalls.
- Manage badge access as well as the employee onboarding/offboarding process.
- Submit service requests for copiers, replenish paper stock for copiers and change ink cartridges, if needed.
The ideal candidate:
- Prior experience in an office administration role in a corporate environment is required.
- At least 3 years of travel management experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success with process improvement and/or automation of workflows.
- Self-motivated and driven to keep busy during varied pace workdays.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in close collaboration and cooperation with others.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to think independently.
- Eager to learn and tackle new things to expand knowledge to increase support to the organization.
- Ability to lift between 20-30 pounds when completing the task of stocking printer paper throughout the building for backup front desk coverage.
- Competitive total cash compensation, based on AON (formerly McLagan) industry benchmarks
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Educational and training opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Challenging work in a professional environment
The position requires U.S. work authorization.
All SWIB employees are subject to SWIB’s Ethics Policy and Personal Trade Approvals Policy. These policies include restrictions on outside business activities and employment and have limits on personal trading. You may request copies of these policies from SWIB’s talent acquisition team and any questions can be answered by SWIB’s compliance team.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Administrative Specialist (Madison, WI, USA) ]